IR and WMC

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
bryan

IR and WMC

Post by bryan »

Hi,

I've created a Windows Media Center server with an AVS Gear Windows MCE IR Remote. I've created several IR remotes in HB in the past, so I thought integrating this with HB would be easy. After creating the IR remote in HB, I've noticed that I can only get one command of any single type in row to work. In other words, if I'm using the "left" menu key, I get one movement then nothing. If I use a different key, it works once, then nothing. It's like the "allow same value change" checkbox is unchecked, but it's not. Also, I've confirmed that all commands are reaching the Windows box by observing the flashing IR signal at the receiver on the server. The AVS remote, using the same IR path, works fine.

I adjusted the IR code repeat to 1 (from the standard 4) because it looked like the AVS only used 1, but this didn't help either.

The behavior is very consistent (always); it's not a case of poor IR reception. I get the feeling there must be something in the actual IR code that wasn't recorded and, because HB doesn't transmit this piece, the previous command doesn't finish or some such. But a different command is recognized.

Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks,
Bryan
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Re: IR and WMC

Post by Osler »

See this post. It should point you in the right direction:

http://www.cebotics.com/forums/viewtopi ... 1&t=856542

Osler
bryan

Re: IR and WMC