Winamp Control questions

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
gorfllub

Winamp Control questions

Post by gorfllub »

Ok. Trying to get winamp to function fully with HB.

I have it booting up, playing, volume, stop. BUT I cannot seem to do a track forward or track back button. Also, how does one go about adding things like Shuffle, and getting the ID3 tags to display?

Thanks Again

Gorf
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

There's a WinAmp configuration sample found somewhere on these forums that demonstrates how to do the track advance in WinAmp. If you haven't found it let me know. The short answer is that you need to use a Property Change button to change the value of the Play List Song Number to either "+=1" or "-=1" depending on which way you want to jump.

I never implemented the 'Shuffle' message/Property for WinAmp. You might be able to use the Windows Message Device to send the "S" key to WinAmp.

It doesn't display the ID3 tags. Nice addition though.
Scott
gorfllub

Post by gorfllub »

Yeah. I have been toying with the idea of just getting an 800x600 skin with decent sized buttons for my touchscreen, and somehow toggling between the winamp window and a SW remote full-screen on a 12" touchscreen.

Of course, another option would be to get Essentials linked to HB. But I am only running win 98, and Essentials dont do much in win 98.