Learing IR Problem

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Learing IR Problem

Post by Circe640 »

I have been trying to learn the IR from the Outlaw 950 remote. It seems to use a very short burst. I get to 36% and then the IR from the remote control stops so I never get a code learned. :cry:

I downloaded all three ccf files from remotecentral and have managed to extract most of the needed codes but 1, the code for V3/Cable. None of the three CCF files had it :(

What is the trick to learning very short code bursts?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The answer is going to be hardware specific, as HouseBot isn't really too involved in the learning process. What hardware are you using?
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

USB - UIRT I learn using this and then import from the USB-UIRT to the GC-1000 --- this works vey well so far!

The only remotes that have caused problems trying to learn them have been the Pioneer DV563 and the Outlaw 950. I was able to get all the codes for the 563 via Pronto files and have 99% for the Outlaw the same way Its the last 1% which happens to be one of the input selections V3/Cable that is not in any of the Pronto files I have found. I also haven't been able to learn the Outlaw remote codes on my Pronto either!