How to create new propery values? For 'Send IR Command'

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
switzch

How to create new propery values? For 'Send IR Command'

Post by switzch »

I am in the process of setting up housebot to control my TV. I have added a property for 'power state' and assigned it the proper IR codes and it works great. My next step is to add buttons like 'Video 1', 'Video 2', ect.. To do this I added a new propery under Devices -> Television -> Send IR Command. When I go to add the IR commands I only have a limited amount of propety value options (menu, exit/cancel, display/info, cursor up, ect...).

My questions is: how do i add more propery value options? I can assign the Video1 IR code to a random propery value but this isnt very clean and I would start to get confused after a while.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You can either add more property values to the Send IR Command property, or create a new Property that only contains the values that you need. If you change the Send IR Command Property, it will effect any other Devices that use that property.

To either add a new Property and values, or to add values to the Send IR Command Property, select Settings/Property Manager from the main menu. After you've created a new Property, you can add it to the Device. You should be able to get more info about this if you checkout the Property Manager in the online help.
Scott