Using USBUIRT with girder AND housebot at the same time?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
switzch

Using USBUIRT with girder AND housebot at the same time?

Post by switzch »

Ok another silly noob question. First let me explain my system. I have one computer (htpc) with two monitors (1 touchscreen - for housebot, and an hdtv running meedio and other applications like zoomplayer,ect..). With meedio I have a fairly complex system that pretty much requires girder to run properly, hence my problem.

If girder is running and meedio is running at the same time, the usbuirt plugin doenst load properly. I would really like to keep girder but still send IR commands with housebot. Has anyone overcome the same problem? I was thinking I could assign buttons in Housebot to trigger girder commands but maybe there is a better solution?

THanks for anyhelp, I am really getting excited about the possibilites of this great program. Cheers.
switzch

Post by switzch »

After a little more reading I found I can use the devicedisable command of girder which housebot should be able to send to girder before sending any IR signals.. This is just theory however.

Has noone else encountered a similiar situation?