Can I some how control my Bang & Olufsen system ?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
mdbp

Can I some how control my Bang & Olufsen system ?

Post by mdbp »

Hi

Is possible to control my Bang & Olufsen system ?
mickusdickus

Post by mickusdickus »

If assuming you mean controlling it by remote, then with the Niveus remote for example, yes you could. Since it's a learning remote, you just program it so it learns the B&O's signals and you have control of Meedio and control of your sound system with one remote. If that isn't what you mean, excuse my ignorance.

Mick
mdbp

Hi - my mistake

Post by mdbp »

I was looking at housebot as a Wifi remote, I know that Creston can control B&O systems - any Ideas
McNasty

Post by McNasty »

Crestron and housebot are two very different worlds. Housebot may or may not be able to control you B&O system. The reason I say it may not be able to, is B&O uses a higher IR frequency that is not as common as other manufacturers. I have seen some IR repeating equipment act up when sending B&O codes. Do you have a Crestron system? I'm a Crestron programmer...If you have a 2-series processor with an E-Net card, you can use e-control to give you wifi control.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

HouseBot doesn't have any inherent IR limitations if that's the issue. However, the IR hardware that is supported by HouseBot may have limits that would be a problem. I don't know the IR limits of all of the hardware supported, but HouseBot has plugins for the following IR transceivers:
  • Ocelot / SECUIR
  • USB UIRT
  • Slink E
  • Global Cache GC-100
Scott
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

Can your system be controlled through RS232? If yes you may be able to configure a generic serial plugin to relay commands from a Wifi Pocket PC running a HouseBot software remote.