Images for Theme Controls

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
spike5884

Images for Theme Controls

Post by spike5884 »

Per somebody's suggestion in another post, I downloaded and installed

iProntoEdit. Yes, it does included a nice gallery of buttons, but they are only one state. Not two states like HouseBot needs. They seem to have two states in the gallery, but in seperate images. My guess is that I can use some image application to combine them.

My question is what are others using to edit their button images?? Any suggestions? I would prefer something with a minimal cost, Freeware, and/or open source.

Thanks,

Scott J.
psybertech

Post by psybertech »

Its been a while since I looked, but Jasc's Paint Shop Pro ( http://www.jasc.com ) was pretty clsoe to Adobe's Photoshop in features and functionality. It had a full function demo so you could check it out. Retail cost if you wanted to purchase it was $110 US last I looked I believe, but depending on your usage and learning curve, the demo time period could get you through your button conversions easily.

For Linux there is always Gimp.

II know there are many, many others out there so this is just one.

If all you need to do is simply change the color of each to another color to show a state change, then a freeware application like IrfanView can do that for you (no special editing features , but color changes are in there and are easy to do).

I hope that helps.
M.I.E. Theme

Help MIE

after all...its myHTPC not yours

cheers