TV Listings

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
MichaelK

TV Listings

Post by MichaelK »

Any step by step instructions out there? Where to begin? I'm unable to get the listing to work within HB.

Perhaps holiday hangover. Hmm.

Thanks!

~Michael
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

Hold up on that.....I may have figured it out....wow, total brain cramp...
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

OK, yeah, im still stuck.

While configuring the XMLTV exe file, you are prompted for the area / zip code. I contunally get a mesage saying "unable to get a list of providers"etc....so I trya nother zip code. No luck. And no config file ahs been generated for me to edit. I went to Zap2it, where the codes are pulled from, and I can see my providers just fine.

I am using 0.5.15.

Perhaps zap2it ahs changed their site structure, so the older 0.5.15 version cant access the database? Has anyone else used a newer version of XMLTV with success?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

OK, Downloaded 0.5.25, config worked. I then replaced the 0.5.25 with the 0.5.15 files, but kept the config file. Seems to be fine thus far.

However, I get an error in the Log in HB:

Error opening XML file...it's loking for the hblisting file in the XMLTV folder. A search on this forum says that location is configurable (?) but I dont see that. What am I missing? Thanks Scott!
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

In my never ending attempt to clog the board....

Downladaing 0.5.25 seems to have remedied the problem, no enabling the "get channel listing" seems to retrieve the channels into HB, so the same theme now sees the channels.

But no descriptions.

Help is apprciated (unless I solve it myself in the next 20 minutes) Ha!

~Michael
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

All fixed I believe. Odd.

In any event, anyone,know of a way to geta channel listing to appear, like a preview huide..? that is, instead of viewing by channel, view by time period? Like in a TV guide. Thanks!
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Michael,

Whew :!: You've been busy.

The TV Listing Device currently doesn't sort by time, only channel. I had a guest over for New Years that was asking to do the same thing (see what is on now across all channels).

I don't have any plans right now to update the TV Listing control to do this. However, if you're handy with VB Script, you could do it yourself by accessing the TV Listing database that the Control builds.

Scott
Scott
kbosscawen

Post by kbosscawen »

I've been working on a configuration that will allow you to look at the schedule by time - It's working well now, but I need to clean out my other stuff and make it stand-alone. Once I've got it cleaned up and documented a little bit I'll be sending it to Scott for verification/posting.
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

You guys are geniuses.

I wait with baited breath.
kbosscawen

Post by kbosscawen »

Scott posted the sample configuration that, if I understand what you're trying to do correctly, may meet your needs. If you have any questions, please let me know.
e_patsellis

Post by e_patsellis »

now, if zap2it would only offer cband listings, I'd be in heaven....

erie