Using the Sunrise/Sunset values

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
PRIME

Using the Sunrise/Sunset values

Post by PRIME »

Hi All,

I want to use the sunrise/sunset functionality of HouseBot but I'm not sure how it will act.

Basically what I want to do is use it in a task. I have "Motion DETECTED" tasks that turn lights and cameras on when motion is detected, records the video, and then shuts them off. What I want to do is NOT turn the lights on while it's still light outside.

If I use the "Sunrise Indicator" under "System Time" in a task, will this accomplish what I'm trying to do? I would configure the task "If Motion Sensor Power State=On AND Sunrise Indicator=True, then turn only the camera on. Else IF Motion Power State=On AND Sunrise Indicator=False, then turn on camera AND the lights".

Or can I use the "Greater Than" "Less Than" with system time?
=====================

Trust is good but control is better...
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You can use <> with system time, but your original approach would be much better. Only when testing the Sunrise Indicator, test for 0 and 1 instead of True and False.

Also, make sure your latitude and longitude are setup correctly in the HouseBot settings.

Scott
usbrit

Post by usbrit »

Scottbot,

Does the Sunrise indicator really mean "sun in sky"?

Or does the indicator get reset some other way?

I need to turn lights on at sunset, can I use Sunrise =0?

usbrit
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

If the sunrise indicator = 1, it means that the sun has risen (sun in sky). If it = 0, it means that the sun has set.

I guess I probably should have used text values for this, but once you understand it, it's not so bad.

Scott