SWRemote Incomplete Updates

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
bryan

SWRemote Incomplete Updates

Post by bryan »

Hi,

I'm running a SW remote on this device
http://www.advantech.com/products/70-In ... JKQ2S.aspx
OS Windows CE 5.0

As I navigate through various screens in my theme, I see graphics errors. For example, a background image doesn't load and the background appears white (or black), or a button text doesn't display, and an assortment of other display errors. I think I've correlated the problem frequency to increases in my number of panels, and other objects so a memory problem makes sense, but how do I know? I have a total of about 18 panels (8 primary and 10 popup) with a modest number of buttons and text displays. The device has 64MB of SDRAM.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to diagnose and/or correct such a problem?

Thanks,
Bryan
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Re: SWRemote Incomplete Updates

Post by Osler »

1) Are you using any transparency in your theme?

2) Try reducing the theme one panel at a time and see if at some point it fixes the problem.

Osler
bryan

Post by bryan »

It's definitely a memory problem. I found a previously overlooked memory control in the control panel that when tweeked to optimize program memory, improved the situation. Looks like I'm going to start simplifying graphics...

Thanks Osler.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

I am getting the same thing when running the swremote and simultaniously trying to run the HB theme editer. I have 3GB internal memory so go figure. But yes, this is definately a memory problem like you announced before.