"Movement locked" for CE missing?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

"Movement locked" for CE missing?

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I've noticed that the "Movement Locked" menu option is not there on my PPC2000 software remote (running on a Viewsonic Viewpad 100). Is this an oversight or is this function not possible with CE? I made a remote that was 800x600 so it would fill the entire screen and I find that it's too easy to accidentally slide the remote around.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

At the time, the only PPC platforms were the small displays, so there was barely enough real-estate to get anything on the screen, much less move the panel around. Therefore, I never enabled that option for that platform.

If you create the panel as a 'primary' panel, it should remain fixed. You can also select the 'fixed' option for pop-ups so they don't move around.
Scott
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Hi Scott,

Most of my panels are primary panels but they still move around. It appears to me that you left the option off the menu but also left the code so that movement is enabled rather than locked.

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Dave,

Exactly which Software Remote EXE are you using (Which directory did you copy the SWRemote.exe file from)?

If you have a registry editor on the Viewpad, try this. Edit the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Meedio\HouseClient\Configuration Settings\Movement Locked value. If it exists, set it to 0. If it doesn't exist, create the Movement Locked value as a DWORD and set it to 0.
Scott
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Hi Scott,

I am using the HPC2000 ARM remote. I'd be happy to look at the registry but I'm not sure how to do this on a CE device. I will search for a CE registry editor this weekend but if you already know where to get one a link would be appreciated.

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Dave,

I see now that I use the same menu for all WinCE platforms, and it doesn't have the lock movement option. Sorry about that.

The registry advice should work for you. Let me know if you have a problem with it. I"ve used this editor before on PPC's. http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/tascalsearch.shtml

Scott
Scott
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Well it took me a while as most of the registry editors I found were specific to Pocket PC which is not what the Viewpad runs (what works is the HPC2000 version which is the same as the version of the SW remote I am using). I did finally find a working editor though from Microsoft as part of the embedded tools package that they distribute for free.

Once I got the registry editor working I found that there was no Movement Locked key so I added it. I also found that it needed to be set to 1 and not 0 to lock the panel. Thanks for the help Scott!

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

dlmorgan999 wrote:I also found that it needed to be set to 1 and not 0 to lock the panel.
Oops, that's what I meant. :oops:
Scott
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Scott,

Could you possibly add this option back in for the next update? These Viewpads are a bit touchy and I occasionally have to reconfigure them from scratch (including the registry setting). It's not a big deal but it would be helpful :)

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I made a change to just default the 'movement locked' option to OFF instead of ON. This would prevent movement on any of the WinCE platforms. Is this good enough, or do you think you still need the option to move it ?
Scott
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

To me it seems that you would never want to move it (given the limited amount of real estate on these devices). Thanks!

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

dlmorgan999 wrote:To me it seems that you would never want to move it (given the limited amount of real estate on these devices). Thanks!
That's kinda what I thought, which is why I never had the menu item available. My mistake was simply having the default as movable.
Scott
gweber

Post by gweber »

Scott,

I have the same Viewpad 100 that Dave has, and I'm running into that same frustration with the "moveable" attribute being "on" by default.

Will there be a new Windows CE software remote binary made available to Housebot customers that changes this default?

Thank you very much for all the work you have done. I'm amazed every day at what Housebot is capable of.

Gary.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Gary,

I've added the option to the menu for the next version of HouseBot.

Scott
Scott