Best way to send a sequence of IR commands

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Best way to send a sequence of IR commands

Post by Circe640 »

What is the best way to send a sequence of IR commands such as a 3 digit tv channel number. I've tried '3,5,7,Select' as a property value change but this does not work. Do I have to set up a task for every TV channel???
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You're doing it the right way. You shouldn't need any Tasks.

At what point is it not working? Does it send any of the IR codes?
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

I didn't have time to troubleshoot at the time I tried it on the weekend. Knowing it should work, I will try to troubleshoot tonight.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

It generates the following log error:

Unable to find associated Remote Control associated with property and value [Send IR Command.7,6,3]

It appears to edit the property value and does recognize that the property is a sequence of property values 7 then 6 then 3
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

What I am doing is defining a property change button to select a particular station on sat that is channel 763. In the property change tab, I am entering the property value as 7,6,3

Pressing the button when in the software remote creates the previously posted error.

I couldn't find a ref in the help for sending an IR seq but I seem to remember that this was the correct sequence from postings way back
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Oh, now I get it. Here's what you need to do.
  • Create a Property Value for each station number. So if you have a 'Receiver' Device with a 'Station' Property, the Station Property should have values from 2-200 (or whatever range is valid).
  • When assigning IR Codes to the Property Values, this is where you chain the multiple IR codes together. If you press the "Assign All Numeric Codes" button and your IR Codes are named correctly, HB will automatically assign the chain of IR commands needed to send the multi-digit channel number. See the online help for exactly how to do this. I think if you have 'enter' (not select) setup as an IR command, it will automatically add this to the end of the chain.
  • From the Theme control button, simply enter the channel number (763) without the commas or 'enter'.
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

Scott

So if I set the range of the property from 2 - 999, without keying each value in the property manger setup, when I go to the assign IR codes to the property, using the assign all numeric, it will automatically generate 998 entries, one for each value? Since I have to do this twice, once for cable and once for sat, this will generate almost 2000 table entries by itself
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I remember when Springsteen thought it was bad to have 57 channels and nothing on. I hope with 2000 channels you can find something to watch. :wink:

I don't know of any limits in the system that would cause this to be a problem (I could be wrong). If you don't really have 999 actual channels on each of the systems, I would suggest changing the PV range to something that is more reasonable.
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

Naaah, I don't have 2000 actual channels but both Insight and Voom have their channels spread out across 2 - 999 for example

02 -99 original STD channels

100 - 200 Indemand Channels

200 - 300 Premium Movies + Sports

400 - 500 new STD channels

500 - 600 music channels

750 - 770 HD channels

800 - 900 special language channels

999 Insight
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I thought Voom was only HD. I'm surprised they have so much content.
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

It's sorta broke now

Post by Circe640 »

DId what you recommended. Added a channel property to my cable and sat IR devices. Did the assignment. OK so far

Everything works.

Then I realized that the Channel Property was missing the value 0

Went and changed the property range to start at 0 done and restarted houseBot

Everything seems okay until I click on the 'channel' property on either IR devices to add the association for value 0. HouseBot goes off to never never land.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: It's sorta broke now

Post by ScottBot »

I just gave this a quick test to make sure it's ok. My simple test config worked fine.

Can you either export a config that has this setup, or send me your HBData.mdb file?
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

I will copy and e-mail the mdb file tonight. I don't think you want to handle a system export