Housebot plugins and devices

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ceejm1

Housebot plugins and devices

Post by ceejm1 »

Is there a definitive collection of plugins and example devices, etc. available for download somewhere? In a number of the help files I have come accross reference to example devices (particularly a tv listings example) and plugins for generic rs232 control and ocelot.

Whereabouts can i find these files?

Cheers

James
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Things are still a bit all over the place. Here's some links that might help.

Plugins

SDK's

Skins
Scott
ceejm1

Post by ceejm1 »

Really looking for some sample themes to assist creating my own. I'll keep checking back.

Regarding devices, where can i get the generic serial and ocelot ones?

Cheers

James
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

Generic Serial is already part of the basic install Scott will have to give you a link to the Ocelot as it wasn't in the 2.20 reference link posted above
ceejm1

Post by ceejm1 »

When I try to add a device I can't see the serial plugin in either the software or hardware options. Am i missing something.

Cheers

James
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The Ocelot is also included with the base HouseBot setup package. After you install the "ADI Ocelot Module" as a Hardware Interface, you can create various Devices that are supported by the hardware.

The setup for Generic Serial Devices is a bit different than regular stock Devices. Since each serial device is unique, you must first create a serial definition for the Device. You can do this from the "Settings / Configure Generic Serial Devices..." menu item. For specifics on how this all works, look into the online help.
Scott