Need help configuring USB UIRT

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
switzch

Need help configuring USB UIRT

Post by switzch »

Ok, I have done some reading and toying around today but I am generally confused on how to setup housebot with my usbuirt - my first attempt at this program.

As far as I can tell (may have missed a step?) I need to install the a hardware device for each of my components (tv, reciever, ect.) . However, when i go to add a new hardware device it only lists three (x10, ocelot, and modem).. should somehting else be listed here? Edit: now there is no harware plugins listed even tho the .dll's are there in the respective /plugins folder.. argh.

Sorry for such a noob questions, i am sure once I finally get started with this it will all start to make sense.
Last edited by switzch on Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
switzch

Post by switzch »

Ok, so i played around a little more and am even more confused. Now when I try to add a device nothing is listed! why? I have the API usbuirt driver in the windows/system folder.

any help would be great. cheers.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

1st question -- have you installed the USB-UIRT into HouseBot. Over and above the basic windows driver that you install into your OS with the device, you also have to install the Plugin into HouseBot. Once installed it will show up inthe dropdown list when you try to create a New Hardware Device. If you do a search on the threads there is a thread that has the links to the HouseBot USB-UIRT download
switzch

Post by switzch »

Well thats what I thought, but I have tried putting the API driver in both the /devices and /interfaces folders with no luck. I am thinking there is an actual housebot driver which I cannot find (i was able to find a dead link to the old housebot.com site)... can someone point me in the right direction to download this file.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Download the USB-UIRT plugin install program from this post. It will automatically copy the HouseBot plugin into the correct directory.

After installed, you should see the option to create a new USB-UIRT Hardware Interface. After that, hopefully, things should start to make more sense.
Scott
switzch

Post by switzch »

Thanks thats what I was looking for. I didnt find it because I thought it would be in the housebot category so i was only searching that part of the forums.. Perhaps it should be pinned while you transition to the new website?

Cheers!