Help or a plugin for use with a Digital Break Out Box (BOB)!

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Jcarte

Help or a plugin for use with a Digital Break Out Box (BOB)!

Post by Jcarte »

Has anyone out there attemped to create a plugin for HB with a Digital Break Out Box (BOB)? I may not be using the proper terminology but a BOB is , a module that allows you to attach probes that enable Software (HB in this case) to read the status of audio/video or other devices. This feedback is essential when controlling equipment that have toggle controls, or devices that use the same switch to turn it on or off. As anyone who has attempted to automate your Home theater knows, unless your software (HB) knows whether the device is currently on or off, a macro sequence can accidentally turn a device off when it should be on and vice-versa. If anyone out there has experience with this type device or knows of a different solution to this problem, I would VERY much appreciate your input. If not I guess I will attempt to create a plugin using the Generic serial interface. Which I also know nothing about but am a pretty quick study.

Many Thanks,

Jeff
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

Jeff, can you post some llinks to these BOB's. I have a little experience with writing plugins for HouseBot and have some of the same problems you referred to -- devices that toggle or auto select surround mode and do not have discrete codes
Jcarte

Post by Jcarte »

The most resonably price BOB I have found is at: http://www.smarthome.com/1622.html . I have one and was hoping to get it working with HB in the near future. Please keep me informed if you have any luck with writing a plugin for it.

Thanks

Jeff