OPENING THEMES/PANELS ON COMPUTERS SCREEEN NOT POSSIBLE ?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
LinTronic

OPENING THEMES/PANELS ON COMPUTERS SCREEEN NOT POSSIBLE ?

Post by LinTronic »

I do not have an external Palm remote control, but simply need to operate HouseBot on the screen ?

Is this possible ?

Rgds,

Michael Lindgaard

http://www.lintronic.dk
Rgds,

Michael Lindgaard
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: OPENING THEMES/PANELS ON COMPUTERS SCREEEN NOT POSSIBLE

Post by ScottBot »

LinTronic wrote:I do not have an external Palm remote control, but simply need to operate HouseBot on the screen ?

Is this possible ?
Absolutely. See my response to your post here.
Scott
LinTronic

RUNNING THEMES ON LOCAL PC

Post by LinTronic »

CANT GET IT TO WORK

IN GENERAL I FIND THE WHOLE SETUP VERY COMPLICATED

I have numerous ideas as to how for example setting up conditions for tasks can be enhanced.

I find it obvious to allow new users to install and run HouseBot on a local standalone PC. We are not all experts in SERVER/CLIENT solution.

I have written Pable a couple of times. Please ask him to contact me.

------------------------------------------------

I need more help to setup the below.

------------------------------------------------

When opening LOCAL SOFTWARE REMOTE, it request a TCP/IP address, preset to 127.0.0.1

Have tried this and have tried setting to 192.168.0.1 as dictated by DHP router.

Also refers to a non-existing library \Program Files\SWRemote

Have tried changing this to:

\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio HouseBot\Clients\Winx86

where SWRemote.exe was found.

You told me that different versions of Software Remote for various PC platforms was available ?

I am running a Windows XP platform.

Rgds,

Michael Lindgaard

http://www.lintronic.dk
Rgds,

Michael Lindgaard
LinTronic

HAVE IT WORKING NOW, BUT ...

Post by LinTronic »

Task is supposed to open a Theme on Local Remote.

Theme only opens when selecting LOCAL SOFTWARE REMOTE from the START menu, not when selecting "run task now..".
Rgds,

Michael Lindgaard
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You told me that different versions of Software Remote for various PC platforms was available ?
The default setup options are for the Windows (non-WinCE / Pocket PC) platforms. So the Program Files\Meedio\Meedio HouseBot\Clients\Winx86\SWRemote.exe is the correct Software Remote for Windows XP.
Task is supposed to open a Theme on Local Remote.
Tasks can only open Panels on running Software Remotes. The SWRemote application must be running the Theme before the server can control it. You might want to check out the Configuration/Software Remote section in the online help for more info on setting this up.

If you are seeing any particular error messages, please provide me with the specifics of the message. I don't quite understand the problem you are having.
Scott
LinTronic

Installation on PC

Post by LinTronic »

Hi Scott,

I am running a very simple solution.

Downloaded and installed HouseBot on my computer and simply want my infrared receiver connected to a serial port (LinTronic TableTop device, Palbo knows what I am referring to) and receive textstrings from this device packed in a protocol like this <ttffcccdddddccc>. Terminator = ">".

Then - on the very same computer - I want the incoming textstring to trigger tasks opening panels and sending infrared signals back to the Tabletop device offering Bang&Olufsen triggered remote control of audio/Viode devices and carry oput jobs/tasks on the computer, including web-browsing, emails, sms, etc.

I am probably not getting the whole ida, but if I have to manually open the panels in SWRemtoe.exe before accessing it from HouseBot the whole idea is lost and I find it hard it believe. It is not an obvious and logical operation.

We have an internet customer-accessable infrared database growing everyday, and it would be usefull for us both to cooperate on this. Furthermore we can send computer-stored learned codes from the computer via the Tabletop device.

My customers are Bang&Olufsen HQ, Lutron HQ and 100's of B&O and X10 dealers/installers and endusers, and I am convinced that envoking my TableTop device into HouseBot would be very benefitial for us both, but I need Pablo to react to me mails, so we can agree on how to pursue this matter.

It has been impossible to write you guys on any other mail address than this forum, where I think this discussioin does not belong.

I would be willing to write documentaton on how to get HouseBit going working with my devices.

I have also asked about DLL's for HouseBot. Can they be written in Visual Basic or do you require C/C++ ?

I would like to get this in second gear. Please ask Pable to phone me directly: +45 2876 7699
Rgds,

Michael Lindgaard
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

Hi Michael, Scott and I would be happy to provide you with support; we just need to understand the problems you are having. Meedio HouseBot can certainly open panels automatically based on triggered conditions.

How specifically have you setup your tasks and what behavior are you seeing?
LinTronic

HELLO ALAN

Post by LinTronic »

Can we communicate on a direct email ?

Can I send you my configuration ?

Also, then I will include suggestions to enhancement of various programming issues.
Rgds,

Michael Lindgaard