Software Remote Button Images

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Robertc65

Software Remote Button Images

Post by Robertc65 »

Now that I have learned the basics I want to create a more elaborate looking Software Remote. I however am not very artistic so I'd like to find some pre-designed buttons to work with. Are there any good sources to find some buttons. Also I see that the multistate buttons contain two or more images to represent each possible state. How do you create the a BMP with multiple images?

Thanks Again

Rob
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Rob,

Button images are the same no matter what type of button you are using it for, including multi-state buttons. All button images contain an unpressed and pressed image. This allows you to use the same BMP file for any button.

Multi-state buttons use multiple BMP files for the different states/Property Values. Check out the Theme Panel Sample on the Download page. It shows some multi-state buttons in use.

My only advice for graphics is:
  1. Remote Central - You will need to download and install ProntoEdit. This will allow you to open the CCF (configuration) files on the site and extract bitmaps.
  2. FreeButtons Web Site - There are probably better collections of buttons, but you can find a few here.
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Button building

Post by Circe640 »

If you don't mind parting with a few dollars, one of the best button builders I have found is Xara 3D. Its about $40 and can build all sorts of button styles in 3D as well as 3D text in about 40 different fonts including Pronto. The buttons can be exported as bitmaps in any size x by y pixels.

I have been using it to build a marble and leather theme that I hope to have available in a week or so.
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

I've downloaded a set of a couple hundred network logos. Is there a way to either batch convert these to the double-bitmap format or tell HouseBot to use a normal bitmap for both pressed and unpressed states? As it is HouseBot will only display one half of the image at a time.

Thanks,

Alan
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You might be able to create a script in PaintShop Pro (or another graphic package) that will do it. Unfortunately HouseBot only deals with the double images.
Scott
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

Thanks, I found that I could also just use the images as static images and overlay each one with a 100% transparent bitmap for the property change button. This way I can keep all of the icons as they are and since they are all the same size I just need the one additional bitmap that is twice as wide and 100% transparent.