Using XAP?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
CouchPotatoe

Re: Using XAP?

Post by CouchPotatoe »

I'm hoping eventually to get some diagrams out for my home setup that should be a little easier to skim through..

The Current Cost xAP conduit was written by 'KevinT' rather than myself and I'm not sure if it made a release version but you can drop him an email asking about the last beta... At one stage I was developing my own but when he announced his I thought that was an easier path. Since then I've changed to directly wired DIN rail pulse counters on my individual circuits which are counted by xAP counters .. and I'm using Plugwise ZigBee modules.

Cheers Kevin
wallebalboa

Post by wallebalboa »

Back from travelling again...
Great post!!! nice to see all this activity around HA , HB and xAP. All this raise more questions and quriosity ;-) pls how do i get to your web site? pls direct me...
i am really impressed with your work!
your aproace with xAP as a "backbone" and gateways/controllers/GUI etc connected looks like a good way to go. as soon as "anything" is connected to xAP its adressable in rules or on GUI...
my main intrest now is to get ethernet connected Arduinos in to xAP, for "dumb I/Os" i use xAP netioms. the arduinos will bring "local logic" and 1-wire access...
HB with xAP interface is doing a great job for scripts/tasks and GUI, the major lack is now in the SWremote side (run in androids and loosing contact...)

kind regs Anders
CouchPotatoe

Post by CouchPotatoe »

Anders...

I don't have a website currently - well I do but it's awful and has no useful material for this discussuion. It's one of those round tuits really. The 'other' Kevin's website that I think was mentioned above is here http://netcompsys.wordpress.com/ and also has some xAP Arduino / Nanode stuff http://netcompsys.wordpress.com/2011/11 ... e-preview/

Curious on that last Android / SWremotes comment - what are you currently using that is 'loosing contact' ? I am using xAP Flash on my Android devices (but Android is fairly new to me).

K