Error: Checksum returned from CM11A is not correct.

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Redbeard25

Error: Checksum returned from CM11A is not correct.

Post by Redbeard25 »

Scott,

I've been encountering this error pretty consistently when running tasks:

Error: Checksum returned from CM11A is not correct. Return=[5a] Expected=[be]
It seems to occur on tasks that have multiple X10 commands. The main task that causes the error for me is:
If (System Time.Weekday is Equal '1') And
If (System Time.Time Without Seconds is Equal '6:30 am') Then
Change 'FooBar1.PowerState' to 'On'
Delaying for '2000' mili-seconds
Change 'FooBar2.PowerState' to 'On'
Change 'FooBar3.PowerState' to 'On'
etc.
Usually the first command will execute, and the rest will give bad checksums. This also is happening on my multiple dim command (named, beautifully enough... "potty light preset".)

Also, in the system log, I'm getting these errors:
Task Wait was NOT satisfied by Property Change. Property [potty light preset.System Time] = Time

1. Is this a known issue?

2. Can HouseBot ignore the checksums returned from the interface?

3. Is it a hardware issue/setting or a software issue/setting?

Thanks,

Patrick
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Patrick,

At first glance, it appears to be a software timing issue. The '5a' that is being confused as the checksum is most likely a notification of an X10 command received on the Powerline.

I'll try and reproduce the problem here, but timing problems can be difficult to recreate.

As a clue, could you increase the delays between the "Power State" changes in the Task to see if it goes away?

Scott
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Patrick,

I was able to simulate a similar problem with the CM11a. I made a quick little change to the plugin.

Please download this file, unzip it, and copy it over the existing CM11A.dll file located in your HouseBot\Plugins\Interfaces directory.

Let me know if it fixed the problem,

Scott
Redbeard25

Post by Redbeard25 »

I installed the new DLL and manually ran the Potty Light Preset (deleted the time test) and it reduced the number of errors. Interestingly, when I removed the delays, I got no errors! I then rebooted and ran the task again, without delays... and again got no errors.

I let the automated functions run their course for a few days and let you know the results. So far, so good! Thanks so much for the quick response... I wish support for all the software I run was this helpful! :-D