Transparent Background

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
James D

Transparent Background

Post by James D »

Is there any way to have a transparent background in housebot. I have a lot of transparent buttons on screen I have made in photoshop. What I am looking for is to create my own version of a google alarm clock. I have an old android phone that tells time; which i use as a remote. But I do not want the time to be filtered down thru my network with the software remote via time.device. I have on on the old phone; a nice htc clock "desktop" I Like. I want put a transparent background on the software remote. It will lay over the clock "desktop". I will then place transparent button to communication with my housebot server. Is this possible?

Thanks again the awesome program. Updating my system since we are on lock-down.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Transparent Background

Post by ScottBot »

Transparent backgrounds on Android only work for popups (showing the primary panel behind). I tried to make them transparent from the start, but was only able to get a static image of the background when the program started (not live).

There is some way to have floating apps, but I've not looked into what's involved in doing that. Not sure if it's really useful for anyone. And there's a good chance that even a floating app won't be able to show the background in a cut-out behind it.
Scott
James D

Re: Transparent Background

Post by James D »

Thanks for inquiring.