Error/crash when deleting a task

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Error/crash when deleting a task

Post by Steve Horn »

Am getting an error message when attempting to delete a task. Tried it on several now-unused tasks and get the same thing. Pretty sure this is just now cropping up; I have been able to delete prior to this. Attached is a screen shot of the message. If I select retry or Abort, HB server crashes. If I select 'ignore' nothing happens.
Attachments
HB Task delete error.png
HB Task delete error.png (12.69 KiB) Viewed 9420 times
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Error/crash when deleting a task

Post by ScottBot »

Looks like that error is displayed when it's trying to delete records from the TaskConditions table. Without seeing the database, my assumption would be that the DB is somewhat corrupt.

If you want to send me the HBData.db file, I can look into it.

If you have a SQLite DB tool, you might be able to repair (try 'compact') it yourself.

Or see if you have a recent DB backup in your \HouseBot\Config\Backup directory. Auto backups are created periodically, so you may have a good one. You can restore it automatically from the File/Restore Configuration menu, but make sure you have copied your old/bad HBData.db file out of the config directory in case the restored DB isn't current.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Re: Error/crash when deleting a task

Post by Steve Horn »

Thanks. I think...
edit: I do have an SQLite browser that works well with (Richard's) Songs.mlf file associated with the HB Jukebox "app". However, it will not open HBData.db. "Different" SQLite??

another edit: Never mind. Found a browser that works - opens an older uncorrupted version of HBData. Apparently a later version of SQLite.

Yet another edit:
I did open the corrupted database with the SQLite browser but saw nothing suspicious. Did not attempt to compact. Went back to the live DB and HB, Without doing anything to the "corrupt" HBData, I was able to mostly delete a few unused tasks. Some deleted without issue, others delivered the above message a few times, then deleted as expected. Looking in the errors log, I found this: (The first error is unrelated; I get this every time I start HB.)
Attachments
TaskDeleteErrors.png
TaskDeleteErrors.png (13.62 KiB) Viewed 9408 times
Steve