Task not stopping

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jaaasgoed

Task not stopping

Post by jaaasgoed »

Hi,

I have two Marmitek DIN rail X10 switches, C4 and C5. They are defined as appliance modules.I have a task that looks like this:

Set C4 power state to on
delay 1000ms
Set C5 power state to on

The task executes the 2 commands when you right click and select "run task", but after that, it keeps running (keeps displaying "stop task" when right clicked for a good 20 to 25 seconds. Also, clicking "stop task" is ignored.

I have another task that is the same except the state is set to off, and that task does not have this problem. Not that I have seen anyway.

Both devices react immediately when I toggle the power state directly.

I also have Marmnitek DIN rail dimmers in my setup, and tasks that include ONLY them, do not have this problem. It seems to be a switch only problem. It also seems to be a intermediate, but happening most of the time.

I am using the old Marmitek CM11 interface with the usb to serial cable that came with it.

Any help would be appreciated.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Task not stopping

Post by ScottBot »

You might want to turn on Task tracing to see if there is anything useful in the log.

If C5.Power State does turn ON, my guess would be that there might be another Task with a condition on C5.Power State that is hanging when it changes. Click on the Dependent Tasks tab on the Power State Property of C5 to see if there are any dependent Tasks that could be involved.

Things to try would be:
  • Run the task with just C4 and then with just C5. Do they both show the same issue? If not, what setup different between the two?
  • Switch the order of C4 and 5 to see if it's hanging on C5.
  • Remove the delay (shouldn't really be an issue, but since it's a variable you can see if removing it makes any difference.).
Scott