Wink Support

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Wink Support

Post by ScottBot »

I've just released this initial version of plugins for Wink support in HouseBot.

Wink is a family of home automation products distributed by Home Depot (in the US). They are also available from the Wink site directly.

The device support in this version of the plugins is limited to the following devices.
  • Wink Hub - The Hardware Interface connects to the Wink Hub.
  • Switch or Lamp - Any basic hardware that accepts on/off/dim commands.
  • Nimbus - Four dial display.
  • Spotter - Multi sensor device.
Since this is it's initial release, you can consider it to be beta quality, although I've been running it for a while without any issues. If you have other Wink/Quirky devices that you would like supported, let me know at [email protected]

The plugins can be downloaded here.

P.S.
If you have an unsupported Wink device that you would like supported, PM me the details.
Scott
jacco van der Ven

Re: Wink Support

Post by jacco van der Ven »

Nice to hear, last year, I was in Ohio and bought an Spotter at the Home Depot.
I played with it but it ends in the box.

I can't wait to try the plugin, thanks.

Correct me if I'am wrong but The spotter is working with The Electric Imp platform .
So will the plugin also work with the developer unit of Electric Imp?

https://electricimp.com/docs/gettingstarted

Jacco.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

They are using the electric imp platform, but I really have no idea if it will work with the developer unit.
Scott
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

FYI, there will be a new HouseBot release in the near future. This release will include the official Wink plugins.

It is highly recommended that you remove any existing Wink Devices before you upgrade. The new/final Devices are slightly different and may cause startup errors.
Scott