Context problems in the theme editor

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Context problems in the theme editor

Post by dlmorgan999 »

A recent conversation made me want to try playing with context-based property changes again. I went to a panel change control and added the context. Then I went to the property change button, and selected the desired context from the dropdown list.

However, when I want back to that property, it was showing a context of *Default* again. I tried this a number of times, including saving the theme changes immediately after, but it never seems to stay set.

I also noticed something else that seems odd. In the Context dropdown, there are multiple entries for the same context (see below). Am I doing something wrong, or is this perhaps a bug?
ContextPanel.png
ContextPanel.png (7.74 KiB) Viewed 7211 times
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Context problems in the theme editor

Post by ScottBot »

The context drop-down will always initially show the *Default* option. Remember that this tab allows you to setup the control for any/all of the defined context names. So there isn't one context name that should be selected when you first click on the control.

The fact that there are multiple names is probably a little odd. I'm guessing it's because you have multiple panel change buttons that are defining the same context name. It's probably minor bug, since it can be a little confusing. But I'd suggest using unique context IDs for each panel change button to be safe.
Scott
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Re: Context problems in the theme editor

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Ok - I get it now, and that makes perfect sense. I think this, plus the option for a context name label (which I hadn't remembered seeing before) should allow me to replace my six independent thermostat panels with one! :D