USB UIRT Learning

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

USB UIRT Learning

Post by Steve Horn »

I ran across something last weekend while trying to teach the USB UIRT some IR codes for a rather esoteric LED lighting application. Initially I taught all the IR codes to the UIRT using the LED controller's remote. But none of the codes worked when I tested them. After reteaching one or two several times for testing purposes, I decided to actually look at the created code in the Pronto Code window. They looked oddly short, but what do I know :? ; this is a rather off the wall device. I then tried displaying and using the Debug window. The resulting learned code was many hex bytes longer than the previously viewed Pronto code. So I copied/pasted the longer codes into the pronto window and lo the IR worked. So I relearned/copied/pasted the remaining codes and all is functioning from a HB standpoint. (The LED strip and/or controller still has issues but not the fault of HB.)

Not sure what any of this means, but I thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else runs into issues in teaching an IR code string to their USB UIRT.
Steve