Insteon Fanlic

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
edgar

Insteon Fanlic

Post by edgar »

Hi All,

I am working with the Insteon Fanlic. This is a single Insteon device (one address) that controls both a light and the fan motor. So far I am liking it and it works well with a keypadlinc.

For the fanlinc the light is on group 1 and the fan control is on group 2.

I have used the 'Insteon Single Group Controller' device for several of my keypadlincs and it works well. My problem is that I need to be able to 'send a dim command' to a group 2 device.I am pretty sure the 'insteon switch device' is hard coded to group 1 which is the light itself, but the fan is on group two and the high/med/low control of the fan is programed on fanlinc as setting dim levels.

Anyone using the 'fanlinc' with housebot? Any ideas?

Thanks much in advance!

Kevin
edgar

Re: Insteon Fanlic

Post by edgar »

Hi folks,

Good news! I got the fanlincs integrated with Housebot! I am using Houselinc (free from Smarthome) now for setting up and configuring my Insteon network (works well). Since I was not able to set a Group to a dim level in Housebot, I instead created individual scenes on the Fanlincs, one for each fan motor speed. I simply created a scene in Houselinc and included the PLM and the Fanlinc together. I used PLM groups 41, 42, 43 for Low, Med, High speeds on the fan. Then I created three separate devices in Housebot, one for each group. It works great now. Granted I won't be able to use a slider but I can create some graphics and buttons to get the 'look' when I get around to it.

On a side note, I will soon be posting a video of my new touchscreen on my Youtube channel soon I hope. I was using a 7 inch VGA USB extended monitor on a 85 foot USB cable before. It worked really well for over a year running a Housebot Remote on a small ION processor that has all my music/videos on it. I have recently upgraded to a 10 inch Higher def 10 inch Lillyput screen (uses USB, but also has audio)...this is again at the end of the same 85 ft USB active extension cable. It works awesome and looks really great!

v/r

Kevin