What does this Debug message mean?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
art

What does this Debug message mean?

Post by art »

I am getting this debug message in the log:

"Skipping clock update due to system time set-back."

Wondering what it means and if I should be concerned.

Thanks
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: What does this Debug message mean?

Post by Richard Naninck »

Sounds like your system clock changed somehow. Summertime? However it looks as if it got set back.
If both your system time and housebot system time are the same and correct, I shouldn't be worried.
Doe you see it more than once?
art

Post by art »

I seem to be getting this message repeated continuously for about 1 minute at various times during the day. I don't see a pattern of when it is occurring but I get about 60 in a minute and then the messages stop. The PC clock and HB clocks match as far as I can tell from watching them.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

That message means that the system time device saw the time drift backwards over 10 seconds in the last 1/2 second. It will reset the HouseBot clock to match the system time when this happens. The only time you should normally see this is when daylight savings time changes the time backwards in the fall.

I'd suggest looking at the history tab of your SystemTime.Time property and see if it looks like it is updating every second and in sync with the system clock.
Scott
art

Post by art »

I forgot about this issue until I noticed it has reocurred.

I checked the History tab of the Time property and it is updating every second but it does not match the system clock. The system clock is about 90 seconds ahead.

Any ideas how to fix this?