SMTP (again)

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jaaasgoed

SMTP (again)

Post by jaaasgoed »

Hallo,

Purchased housebot recently and I am really happy with the way it is functioning, I just have a question about the SMTP device. I am using housebot together with stunnel and it is functioning as expected. The only problem is I have no option in the SMTP device to send mail. According to the help file the "Send Message" property should be set to "yes" in order to send the message, but I can not do that. The only options I have are "Test" and "*".

I am probably over looking a simple setting, but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: SMTP (again)

Post by ScottBot »

Just type the word Yes in the Send Message property and hit enter.
Scott
jaaasgoed

Post by jaaasgoed »

Scott,

This does not seem to work, I still get an error that I need to select an item from the list. Below I attached an image (i hope) of the list of items I can select, and the error I get when I type in "yes". I also found out that there is no way to enter a username and password, so it will not work with a secured server anyway. But I just wanted to show you the error, maybe it is of help to you.

Selectable items for a task:
Select view.JPG
Select view.JPG (49.75 KiB) Viewed 3273 times
Error when entering "yes"
Select yes error.JPG
Select yes error.JPG (52.91 KiB) Viewed 3273 times
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I looked at the dump that you posted and could only tell that it crashed while reporting an error (not much help).

However, the screenshots you posted seem to be missing some properties from the SMTP device. I Don't see the Account Name and password properties for some reason (see my attached screen shot). I'd suggest deleting that device and creating it again.

From a task, you should be able to just enter Yes into the Value field, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you.
Attachments
Action Properties.png
Action Properties.png (40.88 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
Scott
jaaasgoed

Post by jaaasgoed »

Hi Scott,

I assume you mean the dump file I posted in the POP3 post? Ah, well that's to bad.

As for the SMTP, this is really strange because in the help file there is also no mention of a username, password and server port field. (tried deleting and making a new device multiple times btw) All the fields that I have are listed and explained, the ones I don't have are also not mentioned. Your thoughts on this?
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Why not simple create the missing properties and add them to the device likes Scott's example and see what happens.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Hmm... then I guess my conclusion would be that you are not running the latest version of HouseBot, or I have an SMTP device that I never released. Can you verify the version of HouseBot and the SMTP plugin you are using?
Scott