Winamp version vs HB driver/plugin

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Winamp version vs HB driver/plugin

Post by Steve Horn »

Has anyone encountered problems with or have a working Winamp interface to HB (THC Jukebox or equivalent music player script) with the current version of Winamp (version 5.63)? I updated my Winamp software several months ago after their nagging and since that time I noticed that the property changes made to the HB Winamp music player device are not acted upon by Winamp. The only thing I can figure is that the HB Winamp plugin (GEN_WINAMPPROXY.DLL) is not compatible with Winamp version 5.63 or vice versa. The Winamp Agent is installed and running.
(I should have investigated this when I first noticed it, but have spent much more time listening to Pandora instead of playing MP3s.)
Steve
markd
Advanced Member

Re: Winamp version vs HB driver/plugin

Post by markd »

Hi Steve!

I installed the latest and greatest (as of Jun 28th 2012) this summer when I moved to a new server. v5.63(x86). I have not noticed any issues with it, running multi-zone Jukebox.

You wouldn't happen to have a Pandora-winamp/housebot solution would you??? I'd kill for that.

Markd
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I apparently can't get a HB-winamp only solution to work!

Me too. Right now, I get to pandora thru directv, which is Housebotted. But it's still somewhat of a pain:

Turn on tv/sat box
Wait
Press sat menu
3 steps down
3 steps across
1 step down
Press select

I will probably script all that , but it'll still send-and-pray. Subject to timing issues with the sat box.

Thx, I'll look elsewhere for my winamp issue.
Steve
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

I'm pretty sure all I did was follow the directions in the documentation... good luck, let me know if I can help.

I've considered running Pandora off a browser and out the default audio and then in the line-in of my Maudio cards. But that would only work for one zone.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Another option, albeit more expensive, would be to upgrade the receiver in your sound system (home theater, stereo, whatever) with one that has a Pandora app built in. And choose a receiver that can do two or more zones. Then you can control access to Pandora with IR or RS232, depending on the receivers capabilities and your HB setup.
Hey, that's not a bad idea. That's what I should do...
Steve
kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Sorry. Wrong thread... Deleted.
Last edited by kilowatt on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Steve Horn wrote:Another option, albeit more expensive, would be to upgrade the receiver in your sound system (home theater, stereo, whatever) with one that has a Pandora app built in. And choose a receiver that can do two or more zones. Then you can control access to Pandora with IR or RS232, depending on the receivers capabilities and your HB setup.
Hey, that's not a bad idea. That's what I should do...
Right now all my zones (8) come from the HB PC. This is completely independent from the my sound system- there I can get Pandora from the PS3. No intentions on upgrading there anytime soon- I'm looking for the free, PC based, 8 zone solution. ;-)
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Back to the original question....
My problem turned out to be that APPARENTLY when I installed the latest Winamp (after their continued nagging), it deleted its plugins subdir and recreated it. By doing that (or maybe I uninstalled Winamp - that trail is cold) the Gen_WinampProxy.dll file got deleted and I had forgotten to copy a new one over from the HB...devices/Winamp_plugin directory... PER THE PLUGIN HELP FILE! :oops:
Case closed.
Steve