webRemote/Housebot WebServer - March Release

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
Timoh
Advanced Member

Re: webRemote/Housebot WebServer - March Release

Post by Timoh »

Nope... Don't see anything wrong with that line. The error is different... "Error parsing element" instead of "Error reading attributes".

I'll take a closer look once baby boy takes his morning nap.

ts
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

There are 2 TP_CLR attributes... One before REP_DELAY and one after TEXT. TP_CLR is the transparent colour.

I copied the line into a working theme. I was then able to fix it in theme editor by changing the transparent colour to something else, saving the theme, then changing it back to what you want and saving the theme again.

I hope all these XML headaches are only present in big killer themes... It'll be a pain for most users to debug a "normal" theme. That being said, I suspect most people will design a separate them for browsers and mobiles devices, so hopefully the xml should be cleaner.

Tim
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I edited the XML to remove one of the redundant transparency color parms. It failed again... but I found ANOTHER redundant one, in the button I just this a.m. added back in. So the theme editor is adding the two transparency color parms for the same control. After deleting ALL (I think) of the duplicates I opened the theme with firefox again. This time I got many lines of "generating transparency" etc. then a counter at the bottom that incremented, i.e.

Transparencies Generated => 6440/115

followed by a dialogue box: "Dependency Load Failed"/OK.

I would not have considered this a killer theme but maybe it is. But I'm sure there are worse.
Steve
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

I really appreciate your help on this Steve. Thanks for your patience!

I've seen what you described (counting going bezerk/dependency load failed) before on one of my testing themes... I thought I had fixed it. That's an easy fix than the XML stuff... Just a question of me figuring out how to count and do math. :s

Tim
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

Steve, (and all the other testing lurkers)
The file in the original post has been updated and is ready for testing... This fix is for the crazy transparencies counter.
We'll see what bugs come up next. (Hopefully nothing)

Thanks
Tim
maze42

Post by maze42 »

One error gone and new ones comming up. I did remove the Main1" button." entry and now I got this error:
ScreenDump.JPG
ScreenDump.JPG (51.39 KiB) Viewed 11129 times
Same problem as Steve, duplicate attributes but this time it is TP_BK
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

My results from the latest update:

Dependencies Loaded => 17/143
Transparencies Generated => 17/143 (Actually 115)

Then followed by the "Dependency Load Failed"/OK dialogue box.
Steve
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

Hi Steve, File updated.... so if you can try again, it'd be appreciated. This one was caused by a bug if the image did not load in the first second, and stayed in "LOADING" mode beyond that, it would never be considered complete.

The dependencies number is the number of images in your theme. The transparencies number is how many images the client has converted to transparencies... And the "Actually" is the number that actually had to be converted... Some images don't have transparency set, so no conversion is required.

My problem is a don't have a large theme to test... I guess it's time I created one. My theme only had 7 panels and 30 or so images... So I've never seen all this craziness in testing.

Maze42, Instead of using the sample theme, if you have the time, can you put together a small theme and try it out?

Any one else? Kilowatt? Jacco?

Thanks
Tim
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Here's what I got with the first March 11 version:

Dependencies Loaded => 140/143
Transparencies Generated => 140/143 (Actually 115)

followed by you-know-what...
"Dependency Load Failed"/OK dialogue box.

I can send you the theme I've been using if that would help in your debugging. Just be gentle and don't laugh. I'm not nearly as artistic as some here.
Steve
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

Hi Steve,
Somewhere in the list of 143 items, there should be 3 files that still saying "LOADING..........................................."

Either the webRemote is not requesting them properly or they don't exist. Once you've identified the three culprits, you should be able just to go to the directory listing and click into the right folder as the ones listed as "LOADING" to see if they actually work/exist or not.

Also post the full path back here as well and I'll see if there is something quirky in the name that the webRemote does not like.

Tim
maze42

Post by maze42 »

I made a very simple Theme, just a button and a text edit box. Now its missing style in formation! The theme works fine with Software Remote.
ScreenDump.JPG
ScreenDump.JPG (130.73 KiB) Viewed 11103 times
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Custom Sounds\Windows XP Balloon.wav LOADING................................

That's the theme's keyclick sound. Located at:
c:\Program Files\Housebot\Config\Themes\Custom Sounds

These two exist.
Themes\CEBotics Red\HBR_ListBar.png LOADING................................
Themes\CEBotics Red\HBR_ListBackground.png LOADING................................

Those two reside in c:\Program Files\Housebot\Config\Themes\CEBotics Red
Used to define a listbox's background and selection bar images.
Steve
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

Maze42, you should be using ?Theme=simple test&Refresh=2000. ?ThemeXML just displays the XML and/or errors with the XML. The ?Theme is what loads the webremote client and calls the XML behind the scenes.

Steve, Another surprise... Or rather assumption on my side... I had always assumed that dependencies were images... And load them into the browser as images. The wave file won't work. So back the drawing board on that one. On the other two, can you confirm your folder structure?

Your themes "root" should be something like "C:\Program Files\HouseBot\Config\Themes". Then folders in there should things like "Common", "HouseBot Blue", "HouseBot Dark", etc. The path "Themes\CEBotics Red\HBR_ListBar.png" in your theme would indicate a sub-folder called "Themes" in your "C:\Program Files\HouseBot\Config\Themes" folder. Ie the full path to the image file would be "C:\Program Files\HouseBot\Config\Themes\Themes\CEBotics Red\HBR_ListBar.png".

I'm wondering if HB is smart enough to ignore double Theme folders. I noticed in a previous xml snippet you provided there are other images that had the same path starting with "Theme" but didn't get stuck in "LOADING" like the others. Can you also validate the folder structure for these items that I pulled from your xml snippet...
<File PATH="Themes\EMail\HBR_Button_Medium_YellowOff.png"/>
<File PATH="EMail\HBR_Button_Medium_Yellow.png"/>

<File PATH="Themes\CEBotics Red\HBR_ListBar.png"/>
<File PATH="CEBotics Red\HBR_Background800x600blk.png"/>

Thanks
Tim
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Quick answer:

There are in fact two themes folders
Program files\Housebot\Config\Themes\Cebotics etc... as well as
\Themes\email. i.e.
Program files\Housebot\Config\Themes\Themes\email

However, the listbar and background images are not in or below the 2nd themes folder, but rather in the "primary" (standard) Themes folder.

I'll move the lower themes folder content and delete that folder later today when I have time to work with it.

This pretty much says that every using the webserver will need to stick to standard HB folder structure I suspect. Probably not a bad idea anyway.
Steve
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

Don't worry about reworking your folders....
I'd prefer to get it to working as expected/inline with swRemote. It'll just make the product more robust for what users throw at it.
Tim