Alpha List Select

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jacco van der Ven

Alpha List Select

Post by jacco van der Ven »

I have an Alpha list control what is shows the data from an SQL server, I want select an line in the alpha list and write it in an property.
I use the option "Change Property" but it that propery is cleared when I select an line.
I already search on the forum but can't find the right answer.

Jacco
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Alpha List Select

Post by Richard Naninck »

Whatever you put before a vbTAB into an alphalist line will be put in the property. The rest of the vbTABs in a line act as actual TABs.

Example of an alphalist line using an alphalist property called "testline":

SetPropertyValue "testline", "Do_Stuff^Paint" & vbTAB & "hello I am the line" & vbTAB & "and me too"

This would put the visible text "hello I am the line 'tab' and me too" in the alphalist and when you single or double click, the line the portion before the first TAB "Do_Stuff^Paint" would be put in the chosen single or double click property.

And than there is *S-

This is probably the most genious but difficult to understand part about HouseBot and also not very well described in the help files. However many posts relate to this topic. Just search for "Selected Line"
jacco van der Ven

Re: Alpha List Select

Post by jacco van der Ven »

Thanks, Richard

Now I understand, it is working now. :D

Jacco