How to change the IR hardware keeping existing remotes?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
trcns

How to change the IR hardware keeping existing remotes?

Post by trcns »

I posted this question before too but never got a replay. I am hoping there is a solution better than redoing the whole thing from scratch.

I was using USB-URIT blaster with the remote software. Now I bought global Cache GC-100. I have receiver hocked with GC-100’s serial port and rest of devices with IR. I changed hardware interface for USB-URIT to GS-100 for IR devices, but it did not work. Neither my receiver connected to serial port is working. I tried to export the current configuration and import it back with new hardware, but that did not work either. Is there a way to change hardware and keep the previously scanned code as is? I hate to rescan the whole remote from scratch. Can you please help?
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Re: How to change the IR hardware keeping existing remotes?

Post by Steve Horn »

After your first post I looked briefly at the GC GC-100 info on their site. I didn't see anything to indicate how they expect purchasers to migrate their RS232/serial devices - no libraries or such listed... though there be something in the doc. that actually comes with the purchase. I do know that the receiver's IR codes will do you no good when migrating to serial control. Worst case, you'll have to find the doc. on the receiver's RS232 protocol and program the needed codes into the GC or HB. Also worst case, you'll need to 'relearn' (actually teach) the IR codes for your other devices to the GC. Sorry I could not be of more help. Maybe someone else on the forum with GC experience will be able to add some intelligence.
Steve