Fresh Start with Heating Controls

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
zion_uk

Fresh Start with Heating Controls

Post by zion_uk »

Hi there,

We're about to replace our ageing boiler with a brand new Worcester unit. As a result I can start again with the automated heating controls. I've studied the Worcester documentation a little and it seems that interfacing to them without using their propietary thermostats. Also I'm thinking I'd like a few RF TRV's for some rads in the house. What I'd like from the automation side of things is:

1) Knowledge of the current temperature in different parts of the house (happy to use oregon sensors for this and an RFXCOM) through a software remote
2) Knowlegde of the current boiler status (on/off, target temperature) through a software remote
3) Ability to program the boiler for temperature and schedule through a software remote
4) Ability to alter individual "zones" using RF TRVs

So a few questions for those in the know....:

1) Does anyone know if its possible to interface housebot to a modern Worcestor boiler (UK model)? Can I use something like CMZone/Evotouch? Can I use a custom controller using RS232 or somesuch?
2) Can CMZone / Evotouch be integrated into housebot?
3) Does anyone have any ideas how I might achieve the above?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Z.