Shopping List functionality???

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
NW27

Shopping List functionality???

Post by NW27 »

Hi,

I currently use another HA program and thinking of changing over to HB.
My wife wouldn't let me do this unless It had "Shopping list functionality"
My current HA uses a web interface for everything and one of the screens is a list of all the items we buy at the local store.
These items are divided into user defined areas (we use the aisle as the areas).
Each of these items has a tick box beside it that you select when it is to be added to this weeks shopping.
When it is time for shopping, pressing the print button produces a list of all of the ticked items. broken into there areas.
The list is in a nice order.

Does anything like this exist in HB?

On a side note -
My current hardware comprises of
- X10 appliance, lamps, PIR RF, Vehicle Announcers
- iButton/1wire for PIR, lighting and temperature.
- xAP for various I/O
- W800 for RF
- Modem for caller iD
- Text to Speech for announcements (PA)
- OSD for weather, caller ID, time etc
- WinAmp for background music.
- RFID for access

Thanks,

Neil.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Shopping List functionality???

Post by Richard Naninck »

Welcome,

To my knowledge no shopping list feature exists in HouseBot. That is, not natively and I don't know of anybody built such a plugin. It can be done though, but it would have to be custom made.

As for the rest of your list, that is all possible in HouseBot.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Shopping list... I've thought about that several times, even the aisle number functionality. But never acted on it - always pushed to the back burner. No reason that I know of that it could not be done given time to develop it. And a good excuse to learn something new. But maybe someone else on the forum has done something like that that could be modified to suit your needs. Several apps that I've seen use SQLite as a back-end and I also recall seeing something that can interface with MS Access. Just a few tables, some GUI, and some HB glue... Maybe this winter...
Steve
Richard Naninck

If you already got this going in some webpage, just embed this webpage into a HouseBot driven IExplorer. That's how I drive my camera's and other webgadgets I have going.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

The way I read the original post was that the HA program he's using uses as browser interface, thus allowing him access to his list functionality as supported by the HA program. But if he replaces that HA program with HB, he'd need to replicate the list functionality "internally" in HB. But I could be wrong; maybe the shopping list is truly a web app (very likely "Google Groceries" :wink: ). In which case, the HB IE interface would work. BTW Richard, can you provide a link to a thread that describes how to implement IE within a HB theme/panel?
Steve
Richard Naninck

I wrote script that uses the IE com object and created a theme panel that just covers the top of my screen thus leaving space for an explorer. I could mail you my script and theme panel screenshot but I think Oslers browser functionality would do the same and there is a large thread about that on the forum..
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Thanks; I'll check into Osler's work once winter is here and I'm house-bound.
Steve