Interface Command Configuration: %1%

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Interface Command Configuration: %1%

Post by Steve Horn »

When using the property value (i.e. %1%, etc.) in the command Write Data field, shouldn't I be able to embed the prop value (%1%) in a string, preface it with a string, or follow it with a string? For example, one of my RS232 devices' command (sent to it) all begin with '@'. Rather than populate that value in the device Send Data property every time/for every command to be sent, shouldn't I be able to enter "@%1%" (no quotes) in the Write Data field? If not, could that be a feature request to either allow that or add a property to that config screen similar to the Receive and Send Command Terminator definition constant?
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Interface Command Configuration: %1%

Post by ScottBot »

You should be able to do that. Does it not work? The sample serial definition that comes with HB actually shows doing that in a couple of commands.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I did some work with it late Monday night and I didn't think it worked. But I won't rule out smoke in the cockpit. Will try it again; just wanted to verify that it SHOULD work.thx.
Steve
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Apparent smoke in the cockpit. It DOES work as you indicated. :oops:
Steve