HouseBot Web Server

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
edgar

Re: HouseBot Web Server

Post by edgar »

Tim

Great that you found that out today. Looking forward continuing to test if and when needed.

v/r

Kevin
kolesar007

Post by kolesar007 »

Hi, I try this plugin. I wrote "http://localhost:5025/?theme=Sample%20Theme" and in firefox and chrome get only code of xml and not get remote showing either? Can anybody help me?

Regards
Sandi
jacco van der Ven

Post by jacco van der Ven »

Hello Sandi, you have to read the start of this topic.

http://www.cebotics.com/forums/viewtopi ... 30#p450578

Regards,
Jacco
kolesar007

Post by kolesar007 »

Hi jacco van der Ven. I read all posts. I just asking if I must see remote as I can see in windows and how I created in HB, because all I can see is xml code of remote.

REgards
Sandi
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

That's all the released version does at this point. Just delivers the xml to your browser. There is no remote yet.

This is a hobby project, so releasing the web server and xml response piece was a critical step I need tested. I've been promising the user interface for about two weeks now.... But as I say... hobby project.... so timelines are not definitive. That being said, it should hopefully be out sometime in the next few days.

The release will *only* be User Interface layout release. NO FUNCTIONALITY. The reason of the next release is to ensure panels, sliders, images, buttons, etc get properly laid out on the screen. With all the different themes people have designed, I'm expecting a whole bunch of weirdness that would need fixing.

Tim
kolesar007

Post by kolesar007 »

OK I don't know that. So works fine till now :).
I really appreciate your work and finally waiting for the next version for testing.

Regards
Sandi
chris_birkinshaw

Post by chris_birkinshaw »

Can I make any calls to get/set properties with this web server yet if I hand write some HTML + JS pages?

Thanks,

Chris
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

Nope.

Best bet of you want to do that is to install the external control plugin as a CGI interpreter.
It's documented in the help of Housebot how to do so with a webserver.

Tim
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

It's here. Another release... Still considered and alpha release though.

The highlights of this release are...
JSON over http interface to Housebot: You post (get should work too) getPV={"Devices":[{"Device":"<device name>","Property":"<property name>"}]} and you will get back {"Devices":[{"Device":"<device name>","Property":"<property name>","Value":"<value>"}]}.

Most "passive" features should work: Text controls, indicators, images, gauges, + probably a few other things I've forgotten. In theory, this should allow folks to create "display only" themes.

Control-able refresh in how often the client will update itself.

The lowlights of this release are...
JSON protocol is bloated and dumb. I send info I don't need to send, I receive back info I don't need to receive. And it requests EVERYTHING in your theme EVERYTIME. This will be changed one day to be much more efficient, but for now and development, it can squeak by.

Buttons, text boxes, sliders, and other input mechanisms don't work.

No implementation of alpha colours or colour adjustment. This makes some images appear with their "transparent colour" showing.

It still has only been tested on Firefox. Although it may work on other webkit based browsers.

Usage is simple... Drop and configure the webserver plugin into HB. If you've previously installed the plugin, just replace the dll. There is really only two parameters you need to remember... Theme and Refresh. So to access "yourtheme" on the device... http://127.0.0.1:5025?Theme=yourtheme&Refresh=5000. Refresh is in milliseconds, and set the :port to whatever you are using. Theme & Refresh are case sensitive.

Mostly I'm looking for layout feedback. swremote and webremote screenshots would be useful.

Next up... Input controls. + bug fixes from this release.

Tim
Attachments
hbWebServer.zip
(167.2 KiB) Downloaded 924 times
art

Post by art »

Great progress Tim. I will test and report. Thanks for all your hard work on this. I am also holding my breath for the beta release!

Art
jacco van der Ven

Great work Tim, I will try it also.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Entering a password or username crashes HB as well as trying to enable the web server creating this dump:

====== Begin Dump - Tuesday, December 06, 2011 19:46:20 ======
Server Version = 3.30.02

==================================
======== House Server Thread =======
==================================
Thread Type = Device Thread [HouseBot Web Server] - [test]
Thread ID = C50
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address: 0A6E9C69 01:00028C69 C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio HouseBot\Plugins\Devices\hbWebServer.dll

Registers:
EAX:00000000
EBX:00000000
ECX:120587E0
EDX:00000000
ESI:12058850
EDI:120572F0
CS:EIP:001B:0A6E9C69
SS:ESP:0023:1F11F2BC EBP:1F11FE74
DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000
Flags:00010246

Call stack:
Address Frame
0A6E9C69 1F11FE74 0001:00028C69 C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio HouseBot\Plugins\Devices\hbWebServer.dll
0A6FA621 1F11FEF8 0001:00039621 C:\Program Files\Meedio\Meedio HouseBot\Plugins\Devices\hbWebServer.dll
0A6F87F0 1F11FF08 HBDeviceRun+20
00406E8C 1F11FF74 CxIOFile::~CxIOFile+3F0C
785432A3 1F11FFAC endthread+52
7854332B 1F11FFB4 endthread+DA
7C7DB729 1F11FFEC GetModuleFileNameA+1BA

====== End Dump ======
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

The crashing on username & pwd was a known issue which I parked. I thought I had removed the offending code & functionality on the second release, but I just checked and I didn't remove it all.

Best bet for now is to leave it blank, because even if you have a value in the field, and get the webserver to start, it won't use the username & pwd specified in the field.

Tim
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Well, it doesn't really matter what I do because HB just crashes on me all the times I so much touch the webserver. The first install showed ip addresses etc pre defined in the properties. Now most are blank for some reason and as soon as I try to enable the server, install or delete the device... HB crashes. I leave it for now I guess..
jacco van der Ven

I have installed it also, the only thing I see on the webpage is, Housbot JS Client v0.1

It didn't crash.

Jacco