Plugwise

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Plugwise

Post by Richard Naninck »

If anybody is interested in incorporating Plugwise into HouseBot, just let me know.

Attached a screenshot of my setup. I got 15 Circles monitoring all power consuming devices. You can switch them on or off for power consumption when for instance arming your alarm system or going on vacation. Since it monitors power, you can add some nice indicators in your theme to show if your dishwasher etc is active or not.
The four slashed numbers in the image represents the consuption of the last four hours. Updated every hour.
You can do some more extensive monitoring with dbased history using the Plugwise software Source which is included in the package if you but a Plugwise set.

In my setup, the so called Circles (power plug monitoring devices) can be enabled or disabled (by setting the grey radio buttons), switched on or off (by pressing and holding the red pwr buttons) and auto switch on an event such as an alarm arming event (by setting the red radio buttons). Before switching off the power consumption is compared to a threshold value you can set yourself to prevent a device from switching off while still in use. You can set a threshold value of 0 to prevent switching at all times. Handy when you don't want your Sever PC to switch by accident.

Theme panel, hardware device, generic serial device, script + script device, null device, timer and lots of properties :D
Attachments
Plugwise.JPG
Plugwise.JPG (84.2 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
CouchPotatoe

Re: Plugwise

Post by CouchPotatoe »

Hi Richard -

Good stuff and yes I'd be interested in adding my Plugwise devices to HouseBot - I have about 40 modules.

Kevin
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Then you are going to get lots and lots of properties;) It's set up for 15 Circles right now.
Included the export file. I did an import on another system last week and had some trouble with the generic serial device. Now I oncluded the definition files as well although that should have gone right in the first place.

If you have any problems (and I am sure you will) I will read about it here. The script has a line of code concerning a property for my alarm setup. You won't have that property, but you may have a different way to check your alarm state. So either modify the code a bit or exchange it for your alarm arming property.

Have fun
Attachments
Plugwise.hbx
(72.43 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
CouchPotatoe

Post by CouchPotatoe »

Richard,

Just to let you know that due to a failed Circle+ I haven't yet had time to try this - but I will be doing so....

K