HB Crash after load and test of IR code

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

HB Crash after load and test of IR code

Post by Steve Horn »

I was adding an IR code to a remote via the USB_UIRT hardware device. As I pasted the Pronto code into the window HB crashed, several times. I did manage to get the code pasted in and saved. But when I tested it, aside from it not working (probably the wrong IR for the TV model), the HB server crashed again. So badly that the PC essentially hung up and had to be rebooted. This was duplicated, sadly, several times. Attached is the DMP file.
Attachments
HouseBotServer-01-08-2011.zip
(658 Bytes) Downloaded 354 times
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: HB Crash after load and test of IR code

Post by ScottBot »

The dump file shows the crash in \system32\uuirtdriv.dll. If you have installed a newer version of the USB UIRT files, it may have overwritten the one that HouseBot installed. Depending on your OS version, it may require a newer dll. You can try using the newer version from the USB UIRT website to see if that helps.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Re: HB Crash after load and test of IR code

Post by Steve Horn »

I had not done anything with the USB-UIRT driver. But obviously the USB UIRT was involved, since I was adding IR codes to it (and HB) at the time. Of note, I noticed that after the HB server crash, the hardware interrupts drove CPU usage to 100 percent, with the interrupts themselves running between 55 and 65 percent. I had to bounce the box to recover.
Thanks,
Steve