SWremote for Android and Linux

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
James D

SWremote for Android and Linux

Post by James D »

There are a few new touchpads coming out that have the Android OS on them. It would be nice to have the SWremote work on these platforms, as well as linux.
Just A Request.
Timoh
Advanced Member

Re: SWremote for Android and Linux

Post by Timoh »

Hi James,
I am working on this, you can follow my progress in the general forum with subject OS independant, browser client.
In theory, any modern web browser(IE, Firefox, safari, chrome) on any platform (win, mac, iOS, Android) should support the client. It will be in the form of a plugin on your HB server. You point your browser to it, and it should work. Nothing to download or install.
Tim
HeinrichH

Post by HeinrichH »

Timoh wrote:Hi James,
I am working on this, you can follow my progress in the general forum with subject OS independant, browser client.
Timoh,

What's the status of your project?

Regards, Henk
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

trcns

Post by trcns »

I agree.

For long time I was using Motion Computing LE1600 tablet with USB-UIRT IR blaster as my remote. Application is great and it worked perfectly, because of it flexibility and learning ability.

Now as the technology changed the new tablets are way more sensitive and responsive to the touch panels. I bought Vizio 8” Tablet because it has IR blaster built in and it works with android.

Now I need two things to make my remote work. One, a support/driver for this built-in blaster. And second either an application which can run a virtual XP on android or CeBotics to run on Android.

Any recommendation or suggestion to make it work will be great help?