ARDUINO I/O card PLUG-IN

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
lostdreamer

Re: ARDUINO I/O card PLUG-IN

Post by lostdreamer »

none,
I simply added it in housebot as a serial zwave interface (as i did with the zcu201) and it worked out of the box.

But now I think about it, I did find something strange with it (or housebot) :
I have a few duwi switches here (mostly collecting dust but sometimes used for testing) which do not give 'instant status', so I have to poll them. This works ok with the zcu201, but with the aeon labs stick housebot doesnt get the status when I ask it to poll the device.

In my opinion this is not a problem with the stick since it works when I test it with my php zwave cintroller

and yes, I live in Europe.. Holland actually.

Lostdreamer
dominicv

Post by dominicv »

I have a crazy question.

Was HOUSEBOT introduced in Europe first.

I find a greater number of International users, than either American or Canadians.

The reason I ask, is because some products are mainly available in Europe
or in the US, as a Canadian I have to make sure that the are available to us.

I enjoy the International involvement in HOUSEBOT, gives me a chance to find out what is going on in the rest of the world.

Right now in Montreal, Quebec, Canada it is bloody cold, and have receive some 20cm of snow last night, if someone would like some snow, let me know I am always willing to share.

Dom
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

dominicv wrote:...Was HOUSEBOT introduced in Europe first....
Yes and no. Since it was made available on the Internet, it was pretty much a world-wide release. And since I have absolutely no marketing talent, it pretty went it's own way.
Right now in Montreal, Quebec, Canada it is bloody cold, and have receive some 20cm of snow last night, if someone would like some snow, let me know I am always willing to share.
No thanks. It's cold in Atlanta today too.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

... and fixin' to get colder. :(
Steve