Can't Display control Properties

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Can't Display control Properties

Post by Steve Horn »

In any of my themes, I cannot display either the control or even the theme and panel properties. Right mousing on a control highlights it ok but selecting the "Properties..." option does nothing. No window opens. Nothing. Restarting HB and Windows does not help. Any ideas? (Was building a new device and associated VB script device at the time. Had trouble defining what editor to use for the script, but that should have had nothing to do with anything.) Thought it might be a corrupted theme file, but the problem applies to any theme.

Never mind. The proerties window was OFF the bottom of the monitor screen. I only found it by accident when I went looking for it again using a RDP connection. I have no idea what controls the location of the window when it opens. Gotta Love Windows... :oops:
Steve
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Re: Can't Display control Properties

Post by Steve Horn »

This happened again today! And again I found the wandering properties window by accessing the HB server via Remote desktop and dragging it back into the middle of the theme panel. Not sure if there is a solution (more standard than this). Maybe an "enhancement" that either automatically places the properties window in the center of the displayed panel. Or maybe an option in the View menu bar that opens the properties window.
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Usually when I loose mine, it displays on my secondairy video head. I simply turn on my second monitor and drag it back. A friend of mine had the same problem once and asked me. Luckily I could tell him to look for it on a different video head or increasing the video resolution. Popping it in the middle of the theme editor would be a good fix..
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I think it has something to do with a prior access to the panel or maybe just HB via Remote Desktop (RD). I was using RD before this occurrence to make changes in HB to add a hardware interface (generic serial). in doing so, I had to shut down HB so it could "find" the serial port. Of course, when that happened, my CPU % went to 100% due to the previously described hardware interrupts peculiarity. This required a cold boot. Upon reboot and access to the panel, no properties window could be found. Reaccessing the panel via RD, I was able to find the window located below the panel, at the bottom of the screen. Odd. It happens so infrequently that I can't remember the solution, so I have to search the forum to find my own post! :oops:
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

I think it's last left.