Command Priority ??????

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
dominicv

Command Priority ??????

Post by dominicv »

Good afternoon All,

Are there commands that have priortities in execution sequence over others

ie. Will a timer be checked and validated before sending an X-10 command.

Even if the routine shows that the X-10 command should be processed first.

Thanks Guys,

Dom
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Command Priority ??????

Post by Richard Naninck »

The Execute Program device has a parameter where you can set if you want the program to complete before going on or not. In a Task I suppose that all commands are handled in the order they were programmed. However if a device receiving a command likes to wait a bit before doing something, the task is already moving on to the next command. Scott built it so he knows the true answer.
HouseBot now runs on a single cpu core only because the dual (or more) core feature caused tasks to hang because of timing issues in threads.
A script follows the exact order you program your commands.

HouseBot is a bit sensitive to timing. I have scripts triggering other scripts and while setting a property in one script a Sleep 100 must be introduced to let the property settle before another script, task or whatever can get the correct (new) value from the property.

In short: I have never heard about command priority, but there are many instances where you may think it is. Not sure if that answers your question...
dominicv

Post by dominicv »

Richard,

How can I either print a log screen or print a log screen to file in order to show what is going on.

Dom
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

OK, just typed a long post explaining all of this and deleted it again since you can find a better version in the HB Help file.
Goto the helpfile and search for Tracing. It provides you all of the logging option in your native language;)
Look @ Overview - Logging

Good luck..
Last edited by Richard Naninck on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dominicv

Post by dominicv »

Thanks Richard,

I will go thrue the info.

Your assistance is always appreciated.

Dom