Can I change status without changing state?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
bailers

Can I change status without changing state?

Post by bailers »

Hi All,

My setup is coming along well however I have come across a little niggle that I would like to try and sort. I am using Homeeasy light fittings (RF) and homeeasy switches to turn them on and off, however what I wanted to do was pair the switches to housebot and not to the lights themselves so I can always tell the state of the light (on or off) when looking at my swremote, so its housbot switching the lights on and not the switch. I have set this up and it works however there is a delay of a couple of seconds from pressing the switch to the switch coming on.
Could I instead pair the switches and light fittings so the switch triggers the light (which it does instantly) but when this happens housebot also recieves the switch signal and changes the status of the light but does not alter the state.
OR is there a way to not get the delay when running it as a task through housebot??

I would be grateful for any input guys.

Thanks in advance
chris
b_weijenberg

Re: Can I change status without changing state?

Post by b_weijenberg »

The delay is caused by the handshake connection between the receiver and transmitter. If you disable the handshake you will get a problem because the handshake connection will command the transmitter to wait until no other RF signal (your remote) is present. If two RF transmitters are active at the same time both are disturbed and there is a high risk that the transmitter RF signal is not received by the HE unit.

possible solutions:
press only for a short moment the HE remote button. If you press for a longer time the delay will be bigger.

pair a Housebot device with the HE unit,
pair the remote also with the HE unit(s),
add the HE remote device in Housebot,
create a Task on the HE remote to switch the HE unit(s),
The HE unit will now be switched by the remote and/or Housebot.

To avoid that the HE unit goes into the DIM cycle (because it receives two ON commands) do not transmit an ON command but use instead a set dim level 16 command.
bailers

Re: Can I change status without changing state?

Post by bailers »

Hi Bert,

Thanks for you explanation/solutions. I am going for number two! It seems to work well as long as no one in my house switches the lights on then off too quickly which is highly unlikely.

Thanks again

Chris