Squeezebox - Who uses it in Housebot

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
raptor_demon

Squeezebox - Who uses it in Housebot

Post by raptor_demon »

Hi Guys,

I am still struggling with Squeezebox integration into Housebot. I ran a trial of Homeseer Pro with the squeezebox plugin to get a feel for what might be possible and i was impressed by how well it worked and dissapointed by how badly my setup worked in housebot.

Who else is using Squeezebox in housebot and would anyone be preparid to bundle up their work and share it as a plugin to help us non scripting users?

thanks

Raptor
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Re: Squeezebox - Who uses it in Housebot

Post by Steve Horn »

Not using it here. But just read a review of the SB Touch in HT mag. I'm using a personalized version of incoronado's (as I understand it, originally developed by Richard Naninck) Jukebot app. That said, I was interested in how the squeezebox would benefit from Housebot and vice versa. I'm not interested in the touch screen hardware, as that defeats the purpose of the HB Remote functionality.... unless there is some means of using the hardware (DACs, I/O, etc.) while interfacing with it via some HB theme, controls, etc. (That would eliminate the Winamp app, which periodically locks up here.) But I know nothing of what you refer to, the Homeseer interface. Can you describe? It looks like a HB plug-in or equiv that interfaces with the squeezebox server back-end would be the way to fly. JMHO.
Steve
raptor_demon

Re: Squeezebox - Who uses it in Housebot

Post by raptor_demon »

Yea that is the kind of thing, the issue i am having is having to write everything each time i need it. Is there a way to share configs?

raptor