Winamp/PlayList Manager issue

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Winamp/PlayList Manager issue

Post by Circe640 »

HouseBot 3.20 B2
Winamp 5.01
PlayList Manager PLugin
Winamp plugin

Set WinAmp.Currently Active Playlist to %%MediaPro PlayList.Play List%% (MediaPro PlayList is my PLayList Manager Plugin name)

Set the MediaPro PlayList.Playlist File Name to a valid path to an M3U file
The MediaPro PlayList.Playlist shows what appears to be a valid list of numbered song track paths

Winamp launchs but shows the album name as the entry in the Winamp playlist editor i.e. no list of songs just 1.(Album Name) and the WinAmp.Currently Active Playlist is now blanked out i.e. the substitution has disappeared.

If I go into Winamp and open the same M3U file directly it works.

????
Circe640
Advanced Member

Re: Winamp/PlayList Manager issue

Post by Circe640 »

OK I upgraded to 3.30.02

No change
Created a task that sets the Currently Active playlist to the PlayList manager playlist using substitution.

Run the task but no values show up in the WinAmp currently active playlist -- they are not copied by task.

It seems the task fails internally because the last time executed does not change. By doing right clicks on the task, I can tell that it runs for about 45 secs as the run task is greyed out for about that long
menesi

Post by menesi »

You have to set WinAmp.Currently Active Playlist to MediaPro PlayList.Play List, not to %%MediaPro PlayList.Play List%%.
Laszlo Menesi
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You may also want to try the HouseBot server referenced in this topic. It fixes a property value substitution problem that may be related to what you are seeing.
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

downloaded the newer server exe but still no luck.

If I set the currently active playlist to MediaPro PlayList.Play List and hit enter - WInamp starts but it still has the last valid playlist and if I look at the HBdata database it has MediaPro PlayList.Play List as the value for the Currently Active Playlist for my device.

PS Scott why can I only open the HBData databsae as read-only from Access ??

Just for fun if I use the substitution version %%MediaPro PlayList.Play List%% and hit enter -- Winamp starts the same as above and in HBData there is no value for Currently Active Playlist

It seems like there is a problem between the HouseBot winamp device and the WinAmp proxy dll -- status data seems to go back and forth ok and if does launch but there seems to be a problem getting the playlist to it. I know this worked ok in prior versions. Is there some other config parm I am missing in winamp ?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Circe640 wrote: PS Scott why can I only open the HBData databsae as read-only from Access ??
Not sure. You should be able to.
Scott