Question on HB and WINAMP VIDEO PLAYER

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
James D

Question on HB and WINAMP VIDEO PLAYER

Post by James D »

Hello Forumer,

I am using the current winamp (5.552) and current HB (3.30.02) on a XP machine and a Server that stores all my movies (*.avi format).
The devices I am using to control winamp is as follows:
HB devices

HB Winamp 2.x device
HB Playlist manager

Issue #1(Single Movie) Sometimes when I set the AV Status for winamp device to "playing" and the Currently Active Play List field indicate Play List 1 and the correct movie file is in Play List 1; the status does not stay at "Playing."
The movie is playing on screen, but HB is responding back "Stopped". When the status is "Stopped" the winamp.Song lenth and Song position is not displayed correctly.

The resolution: I came up with to fix the problem was
I would change the AVStatus of the Winamp device to "Playing", HB will automatically change back to "stopped". After 5 seconds of Playing, set the status to "paused" then change it back to "Playing" then everything works great.

Issue #2 (Playlist Movies) I get the same as above issue. Procedure I use to call my playlist is Change the Winamp "Currently Active Play List" field to indicate the "playlist manager.play list". But Winamp goes through the movies playing a second of the movie if any (usually playing the last movie file). I went back and played my MUSIC playlist and none of the problem exist.

I even opened the playlist straight in winamp, and all the files show up in the winamp playlist editor. Hit play on winamp by itself and all the movie file work without a problem.

Can anyone tell me is the Gen_WinAmpProxy.dll only for mp3 files. The problem seem to come into play when the file length exceeds 20 mins ( 20:00) Is the response back from Winamp to HB too long, to make HB change its status to "Stopped" even though Winamp is playing? HB is acting like the files are not there (in my playlist); it cycles through the playlist until it catches one movie file.

I hope I explained myself good. Or can someone try to duplicate my problem, to let me know if I am the only one. lol.

Thanks alot.