Control HouseBot with Aim - Simply

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jrhorrisberger

Control HouseBot with Aim - Simply

Post by jrhorrisberger »

Hi everyone,

I have been messing around with the aim device and really like it, but I found the commands to be too complicated to remember/type. So I wrote this script to kind of act like a middle man between AIM and HouseBot ( I attached it as a .hbx file ). It has random responses, well at least random enough to not be dry. lol. I wanted to post it on the forms because I want to hear everyone’s input, and maybe someone else will get some use out of it at the same time. I'll try to explain how to set it up below.

1.) Okay, first off you will want to install the "Aol Instant Messenger Control" and set it up in HouseBot.

2.) Then import the "Aim Ai.hbx" file. It has two properties that need set initially the "Aim Device Name" ( which is the name of the AOL Device ) and "Weather Device Name"
(which is the device name of the Yahoo weather device found in the download section, This is because I changed the name of mine to "System - CurrentWeather" instead of "CurrentWeather")

3.) Next we are going to want to create a task that looks like.....
If "AOL Instant Messenger Control Device" "Received Message" is Not Equal to "AnyThingButThis" Then
Change "Aim Script" to "Running"
ElseIf "AOL Instant Messenger Control Device" "Signed In" is Equal to "No" Then
Change “AOL Instant Messenger Control Device" "Signed In" to "Yes"
Delay for "15000ms"

I think that’s about all, but if anyone has any questions, or can't get it to work let me know. This would probably work great for text messaging, but I have not tried it.

-John
Attachments
Aim AI.hbx
(4.02 KiB) Downloaded 207 times