Weather.com Plug-in

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
sundodger

Re: Weather.com Plug-in

Post by sundodger »

Have this kinda set up, where do you put the licence key?
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

I think it asks you for it when you add the device- there is a property in the device that holds it- you could add it there too.
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Hi Allan-
The time looks good now- thanks!

I am noticing something else, not sure if it is related to the plugin or not, (since I disregarded your warning and put it right on my production server ;-) where when I quit HB, the server seems to hang up and not close, and I need to kill it manually. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Markd
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

re manually killing HB, I've had to do that way before the weather script issue. I've never been able to home in on the cause. There's another thread on here somewhere that talks about it. Sorry, no help.
Steve
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Good thing its stable and doesn't crash on its own. As long as I'm monkeying with it anyways, the manual kill isn't too big a deal.
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

markd wrote:I am noticing something else, not sure if it is related to the plugin or not, (since I disregarded your warning and put it right on my production server ;-) where when I quit HB, the server seems to hang up and not close, and I need to kill it manually. Has anyone else seen this?
I have the code installed on my production server too now, but am not getting any hanging on close. I can't think of any bit of code that would get stuck in a loop, hmmm. I wonder if you disable the plugin, and see if HouseBot closes down ok ?

Sorry not much help really.
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Nah, probably has nothing to do with it. If it gets too annoying I'll look at it again. I tend not to run life support off it anyways. ;-)
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

For those using the Osler Weather script, or any other script that accesses Yahoo Weather XML for current conditions, the attached zip file contains all the images that I could find that Yahoo's Weather XML calls.

FWIW,
Attachments
Yahoo Images.zip
images used by Yahoo Weather
(108.39 KiB) Downloaded 1769 times
Steve
Autodomain

Post by Autodomain »

Attached yet another weather icons set translated to World Weather Online.
wsymbol_0004_black_low_cloud.png
wsymbol_0004_black_low_cloud.png (9.4 KiB) Viewed 109708 times
wsymbol_0002_sunny_intervals.png
wsymbol_0002_sunny_intervals.png (9.35 KiB) Viewed 109708 times
wwo_93x93.zip
(730.79 KiB) Downloaded 1860 times
mholtkamp

Post by mholtkamp »

The worldweatheronline service has a new URL. The dll is compiled with the new (working) URL.
Attachments
WorldWeatherOnline.rar
(5.67 KiB) Downloaded 1761 times
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

mholtkamp wrote:The worldweatheronline service has a new URL. The dll is compiled with the new (working) URL.
Bit late :oops: but thanks for this. I have finally updated the codeplex page with the new release.

http://worldweatheronlinehb.codeplex.com
TonyG

Post by TonyG »

Hello Alan,

Thanks for writing this plugin. Installed last night, using your latest version 1.0.3 on codeplex.

I also got an API license for the free version of World Weather Online, described as "Free-Weather-API-V2". I entered this when prompted in Housebot, and I can see it's correctly within the license field on the weather device.

Since then, I have been getting the following error message within Housebot: "The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden".

I've re copied and pasted the key several times. I've also waited overnight to see if the license takes a while to become active on their side. Still getting the same error.

Anything obvious to look at?

Thanks
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

All,

Thanks to TonyG's investigation, it come to light that the key has been updated to v2 on the website. This new key uses a new URL and the response XML is different.

Because of this I have updated the code to support both v1 and v2 api's. So if you're still using the old api key, there is no need to upgrade, however you can if you want.

Let me know if there are any issues with this.

https://worldweatheronlinehb.codeplex.c ... iew/616384

Cheers,
Al
edgar

Post by edgar »

Hi Allan,

So I FINALLY got around to working on the C# plugin stuff and am testing the weather app.
I know I have the wrapper working and the 1.0.4 DLL.

I am getting a 403 error with the new API key (just signed up yesterday).

'The Remote server returned an error (403) Forbidden.

Anyone having luck with the v2 api key?

Anything I should try? Thanks in advance.

v/r

Kevin
TonyG

Post by TonyG »

Hi Kevin,

I use the v2 API and worldweatheronline v 1.0.4.0 dll. I use this with the updated HBDotNetBridge and HBDotNet DLLs dated 25/10/13 on my system. All working fine.

Try my v2 key for a test - I've just sent it on a PM.

Cheers,

Tony