Theme Editor Problem

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Theme Editor Problem

Post by Osler »

If you create a button (I have seen this with exit remote and panel change buttons) and then come back later and change the button image it will no longer work in the theme. A totally new button has to be created with the desired image in order for it to function on the swremote.

Osler
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Theme Editor Problem

Post by ScottBot »

I've not seen or heard of this problem. When you say it won't work, do you mean that it doesn't show or function in the SWRemote, or is this only when editing in the Theme Editor?
Scott
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Re: Theme Editor Problem

Post by Osler »

The button appears fine in the editor. I can't recall if it actually goes through the up-down image change if you click on it in the editor, but you can see/edit everything for the button in the property editor without issue.

The problem arises when you load the theme into the swremote. The button appears on the panel...but if you try to press it, nothing happens. You get no depressed state image with pushing it and no action is performed.

I can't say I have seen this happen if I change the image in the same editor session that the button is instantiated. The buttons I have had problems with were changed after a theme save had occured and I had come back to the theme and changed my mind about how things should be layed out.

I have had some other funky theme editor stuff happen as well. In some sessions, right clicking on a control refuses to bring up the quick-menu for copy/duplicate/etc., but, instead, permanently grabs the control such that it moves around the panel with mouse movement until you left click to drop it.

Osler