Error receiving response. Command code does not match pendi

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
markd
Advanced Member

Error receiving response. Command code does not match pendi

Post by markd »

Hi Scott-

I recently switched to a PLM from a CM11a. I am getting some errors in my log-

Error receiving response. Command code does not match pending command!
and
Error receiving response. Command code terminator is not the expected value of '6'!

seem to come in multiples, an the PLM does not seem to work when I get these errors. It does work sometimes though. . . any ideas?

Thanks

Markd
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Error receiving response. Command code does not match pendi

Post by ScottBot »

It's hard to tell. Do you know what version of firmware your PLM is? Also, please run a full hardware interfacetrace and send it to me.
Scott
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

The plm information tab says Firmware rev 72.

After posting, I rtfm, and found the Inter-command delay- setting it out to 800ms seems to be reducing the incidence greatly- I saw maybe 10 incidents in the last couple of days.

Logfile-

I sent two commands, then set it back to 400, then sent two more. The error happened on that 2nd pass- logfile attached.

Should I set the delay out even further?

Thanks

Markd
Attachments
Copy of InterfaceTrace.Weekly.Jan 04 2009.zip
(994 Bytes) Downloaded 142 times
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

markd wrote:Should I set the delay out even further?
I'd suggest just trying different values until you find the smallest delay that doesn't result in any errors.

For some reason, probably timing related, the PLM is sending back an error when Housebot tries to send some commands. The system then tries to resend the same command, since it detected the error. In your trace, you can see that the command is sent again without any issue. So it should still function fine, but log some error messages that you probably don't like seeing. The message should probably be more of a warning than an error, since it does recover from it.
Scott
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Ok, I'll play with it some more. It does seem to run better (disregarding the error messages) when the value is higher.

Thanks

Markd